Sunday, July 26, 2009


Last nights crit and today's stage went fairly well. A break got away a little less than halfway through the crit. Thacker launched a solo attack to try and bridge. I launched and caught him with a metro VW guy and we chased for a few laps, (without much help at all from metro). We got close to the break (about ten seconds) but eventually got brought back by the field (who decided to stop chasing after they caught us). Thacker and I sat in for the sprint and ended up 13th and 19th.

Today was a tough circuit race, which previewed the U23 nationals course set for Wednesday. Although it was only 67 miles, more than half of the 100+ man field dropped out. I had good position with about 1km to go, but a wreck nearly happened in one of the round-a-bouts and I lost a few places and ended up 13th, not to shabby. I moved up about 10 places in GC yesterday, and another 10 spots today, ending up 39th. The first stage totally screwed me over, but oh well, that's bike racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment