Friday, August 7, 2009

Small update

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been on th road since Monday, and am on it again right now. Updating from my phone (it feels different being a passenger after more than 30 hrs of sitting in the driver's seat). The always wonderful, gorgeous Ann Marie and I are driving down to Kevin's outside of San Antonio. Tomorrow is the Texas State TT, aka 40km of pain, agony, and suffering; maybe even a bit a puke if I'm lucky, it's how I know I'm going fast ;)
Hopefully the legs will feel ok tomorrow. I hear 4 days in a car isn't the best thing to do before a bicycle race. After tomorrow I may take a few days off, then look at the remaining races for the rest of the season and plan something.

As for the last race of U23 nats, the crit went...ok. I think my body was fed up with not having any real rest in over 1.5 months, the last 2 of which was straight racing. I just didn't have any snap. Wrecks don't help out either. About 30 min into the 60km crit I was third wheel. Unfortunately the guy in front slid out around one o the corners (going over 30 mph). The guy behind him slid out as well and I slammed on the breaks. I ended up hitting one of the guys on the ground in the back, flew over my bars, and with miraculous cat-like skills landed on my feet (grabbing my bike as quickly as possible and trying not to get mowed down by the 80 plus guys left in the feild). The rest of the race was just a lot of pain with no groove I was able to get in. With bike races a lot of people tend to get in a certain rythem, and stay with It for most of the race. In crits, when you ride in a circle 60+ times you tend to do the same thing on a lot of the laps, all while looking for the right move to catch people by suprise and work some magic.

I'll try to write more about it when I have a computer. We're almost to our destination and I need to tell my lady friend where to go.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment