Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tour of Lawrence

The rest of Nature Valley was exciting. To sum up the rest of the race, my butt hurt and we rode bicycles fast. My teammate, Brad Cole, ended up sixth amateur in GC, which is pretty awesome. Afterwards I stayed with Rob and Becca Legler (old friends of Kelly and her family) for a few days before flying back to Texas. It was pretty awesome embarrassing having to ask Becca to redress my bum-wound only an hour after I met her...They were extremely nice and comforting. Becca cooks so well that I managed to gain five pounds despite having raced 9 out of the last 11 days!


Rob and I
Rob and I did a few rides and he hooked me up with Hollywood Cycles to box my bike and get it ready for the flight back home. I have to admit, his shop is pretty sweet.

Former master's world champ cross racer H-wood










The team is now having a pretty decent Tour of Lawrence. I placed 2nd in the street sprints! Had no idea I could sprint before that. Congrats to Andrew Dalheim for taking the win. The circuit race didn't go too bad either, Austin Vinton (teammate) took 6th and I came in right behind in 8th. Pretty good considering my rear derailleur decided to stop working in the last lap....sad face. Adam Mills, my coach and owner of Source Endurance, says this course is one of the hardest circuits in the nation, which is quite believable considering how my legs feel like jelly right now.


I gotta give a big thanks to PJ Rabice and Road ID for the product as well! Kelly and I both got Road ID's and wear them whenever we are on the bike.You can check out their products here.





So tonight we have a crit that is supposed to be super fast and stocked full of primes. Here is a link to my race profile last night and I will leave you with a small glimpse into my life...here you go, have fun looking at that guys sexy tan lines. Ring that cowbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment